Within every single publication at this time of year, there is a 'recommended list' of presents to buy for absolutely everyone - apart from recruiters! So I have compiled my list of the Top 10 presents that people could buy recruiters for Christmas - the problem is that only people who have worked in within recruitment will understand where I am coming from!!
So if people keeping asking you what you want for Christmas - you now have a list to send them!! Here are my Top 10 Christmas Presents for Recruiters:
1. The Blackberry Curve - the absolute essential tool for a recruiter - emails keep coming 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - you won't miss that deal!!
2. The essential desk 'pen holder'. You have lost a candidate through a counter offer, your client has chosen one of your competitors for that assignment - just imagine they are this limp red body on your desk and embed your pencil accordingly!!!
3. A cheaper alternative and carbon footprint busting present! Don't buy a supercar with that whopping bonus, just buy these Top Trump Cards and 'play supercars' - it will save you a fortune on petrol!!
4. Let's face it, doing the hours we do in recruitment, we are never home to watch the programmes we want, so why not get the best gadget ever- Sky+ - and never miss a programme again!!
5. The Stealth Umbrella - designed to get you back to the office quicker because of the 'fast fighter plane' like design. This will then allow you more drinking time.
6. These can stay in your draw at work until needed - the inflatable mattress. So when your boss says that you are not going home until you have sourced the candidates for that all important job, you can pop out your mattress, stay the night by your desk, and win those brownie points!!
7. I really like this one! You have colleagues that, very simply are annoying you in the office. Take this desktop catapult, load it up with the appropriate punishment (can I recommend a half chewed toffee!), and release the catch!! Simple, but very effective!
8. The Procrastinator Pad. This lets you plan, design, dismiss, decide and ignore a whole range of idiotic issues, which let's face it, it much better than working! Wasting time has never been so fulfilling!
9. Again a real brownie points winner. A cup warmer that plugs into your USB port on your computer - you don't have to leave your desk when you coffee gets cold.....because it never will!!
10. The obligitory recruiters tipple - Tequila! We all know that after work drink sessions in the bar wouldn't be complete without Tequila, and as such it is a gift that would be well received by anyone who has worked in the recruitment industry - it evokes so many memories of big deals!!