MI6, the UK's secret intelligence service is embarking on a less than secret recruitment campaign. They are obviously having recruitment problems like every other company at the moment, as they today placed an advert in the Sunday Times for staff! I am guessing 'war for talent' is a more apt phrase for MI6 than it is for most other recruiting companies!!
Obviously I am not ridiculing the job MI6 do, as it is essential for national (and international) security, but we are not just talking about normal jobs we are also talking about spies - aka Operational Officers. So maybe they have guessed, that there are many wannabe UK spies out there!! So what skills do you need to apply then?
- Excellent at relationship building. The ability to read, understand and influence others.
- Political curiosity. A proven interest in world affairs.
- Sound judgment. Highly intelligent with excellent decision making ability.
- Resilience. Need to be determined, adaptable and resourceful.
- Integrity. Must be totally trustworthy and exercise total discretion.
- Commitment. Must be committed to helping protect the UK.
Right, if you think you can hack it as a spy (sorry, Operational Officer), start with this test to see how you score.
Done well? great off you go and apply then, but remember that 'MI6 stress that those who apply should not tell anyone about their application'!!